Apple’s mobile department has finally got its house in order with the release of iOS 8.1.1. Issues like battery drain and sluggish performance on older devices have been resolved, so it’s now safer than ever to pull coque bleu telephone huawei p30 lite the trigger on that iOS 8 download you’ve been putting off.
Once you’ve updated, you’ll get to enjoy features like interactive notifications and camera time lapse mode. But there’s a whole lot else going on in iOS 8 that you might not know about, which is why we’ve put together these 20 tips coque huawei p8 lite 2017 honda for you coque iphone x luxe to get the most out of your souped up device.
Before your update, back up your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to iCloud or iTunes like this: with your device attached to your computer, hit the check for coque huawei g7-l01 update button in the version coque iphone 11 pro tab of iTunes, or simply tap into settings > general > software update on the device in question, then we’ll meet you back here with twenty of the top tips and tricks for iOS 8.
1. Hey SiriWhen your device is plugged in and charging, you can invoke Siri by voice alone without going near the home button. Just say ‘Hey Siri’ and the personal assistant will ding in response, and you can ask your question as normal. Siri’s constant listening for the command means the mic has to be active at all times, so it stands to reason that it won’t work when your device is running on battery.
2. Private web searchesSafari now supports privacy search engine personnaliser une coque huawei p8 lite DuckDuckGo, notable for its policy coque cuir huawei p30 pour ceinture de pantalon of never tracking coque iphone 6s marbre search terms or logging users. To bypass Google and use it coque huawei p20 pro bouygues as your default engine, choose to settings > Safari > search engine > DuckDuckGo.
3. Customise Notification CentreOpen the Notification coque huawei p8 lite stranger things Centre by dragging down from the top of the screen and scroll down to the edit button at the bottom of the today view. Using this option you can choose whether or not to display traffic conditions, calendar, reminders, and more besides. Check back whenever you install apps coque huawei nova licorne that add their own widgets to the list.
Chat to Siri, search without being tracked and customise your coque huawei p8 strass Notification Centre 4. Do not disturbYou can now mute specific message threads on a personnalisation coque huawei p10 single device in the messages app. Open coque iphone 7 antichoc it up, select the conversation that irks you, tap on details and slide do not disturb to on. When you’re feeling a little more sociable, remember to turn the option back off or you won’t hear from that conversation thread on this device again.
5. Hide select photosNot too proud of a photo on your accessoires huawei p30 coque device avis coque huawei p9 lite but reluctant to delete it There’s coque huawei p10 psg an option for that. Open the photos app, find the photo in question, tap on it and hold. Tap hide in the pop up menu that appears and the photo will vanish coque 360 p30 pro huawei from your collection, moments and years galleries. (Shhh! It’s now tucked away in the album named hidden.)
6. What song is thisShazam has linked up with coque iphone 7 original Siri so that you can now ask the personal assistant to identify what music is currently playing: simply activate Siri and ask, ‘what song is this’ and you’ll be treated to an answer, as well as a link to the iTunes Store should you want to purchase the track.
Get some peace and quiet with Do Not Disturb, hide your embarrassing selfies and have Siri play (and win) at name that tune 7. New favourite sitesApple coque iphone 5se has turned bookmarks into favourites on iPhones running iOS 8. To add a site to your favourites, tap the Safari’s search bar and pull down to access the option add to favourites. Now you’ll be able to find the that website in the huawei p30 lite coque a rabat same drop down whenever you tap the address bar.
8. Delete iCloud Safari tabsYou can now get rid of Safari browser tabs coque iphone 7 cuir open on any device linked to your Apple ID not only the device you’re using. Simply tap the + option in the bottom right of Safari’s interface and scroll to the bottom to find all currently open tabs listed by device; slide a finger left across any open tab and select delete to close it remotely.
Get easy access to your favourite sites, tidy your tabs and tweak your camera’s exposure levels coque iphone xr 9. Camera focus and exposureThe camera app has been tweaked to enable you to choose a manual exposure level as you snap. Open the camera app and tap on the screen to choose a focus in the frame, then coque huawei p30 lite coque noir film de protection simply slide your finger up or down to the right of the focus square to increase/decrease the exposure level…